Full-time, remote (Pacific time zone)
We’re looking for an experienced copywriter to support Floret’s creative team, helping to create and edit content for our website, educational resources, special promotions/announcements, interviews, grower profiles, plant information, and more. You’ll ensure that all of our written work is accurate and completed on time, with the highest level of precision, detail, and care. You should love writing, editing, and proofreading, have an expert eye for detail, and bring a lot of heart to your work.
You must enjoy working independently but be comfortable collaborating with a tight-knit team, finding it easy to offer insights and point out opportunities for improvement. You can see the big picture but appreciate being down in the details—and never tire of making something just right.
You’ll also like working through a set process and system to complete work, keeping things super organized, efficient, and clear for our team. You should have no problem working on multiple projects at a time, be able to switch focus as priorities change and issues arise, and bring a calm demeanor, thick skin, and creative, solution-oriented attitude to every aspect of the job.
• Draft written content as assigned, interpret any briefs and understand all project requirements and deadlines (this could include anything from headlines, email subject lines, captions and descriptions, landing pages, and sales page copy to interviews, profiles, promotions, lead magnets, or copy to support our educational programs, etc.)
• Edit, modify, and finalize draft copy, working with the creative team
• Fact-check all plant/growing information (i.e., common name, scientific name, color, height, form/type, bloom time, etc.) and add things like metric conversions as needed
• Proofread copy for accuracy, consistency, and quality
• Transcribe notes from the field
• Help to set-up, organize, and maintain all digital copy
• Conduct research as needed
• Support the creative director, editor-in-chief, and creative team as needed
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Proven experience working closely to support a creative team, with a deep understanding of the writing and editing process
• Must be process-oriented with the ability to take direction, receive constructive feedback with a growth mindset, ask questions, give important insights, and learn new systems
• Must see all tasks through to completion, have a high level of personal accountability, commitment, and excellent time management skills
• Have an understanding of web design, email marketing, online content strategy, conversion rates, analytics, and SEO best practices
• Google Suite proficiency
• Ability to work independently and remotely (Pacific time zone) and on multiple projects/tasks at once
• Strongly identify with our philosophy
• Gardening/horticulture knowledge (or the ability to learn quickly)
• A good sense of humor (you don’t take yourself too seriously)
• A writing degree (English, journalism, communications, or related field)
• Experience working in a project management platform
• Located in the Pacific Time Zone
• Estimated salary range is $28 to $35 an hour and dependent on experience
• Full-time, year-round employees are eligible for medical and dental care benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays.
1. Before you begin, have your cover letter, resume, and a 1,500-word (or less) writing sample ready to upload (your full name should appear on each page of your writing sample). Please make sure each of these files are under 16 MB and in one of these accepted formats: PDF, DOC, or DOCX.
2. Follow this link to complete our application and upload your cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
3. At the end of the application, you will be prompted to click another link to complete our workplace survey (which you can also find here). This survey will take approximately 8 to 10 minutes to complete and helps to determine your work-related needs with the requirements of the position.
4. After you complete the survey, you will receive the message: “Thank you! Your survey has been submitted.” This indicates that your survey has been successfully submitted to us.
5. Be sure to return to your application window and click the “Submit Application” button to complete the application process. You will not receive a separate confirmation email.
1. Our team will start reviewing applications on June 26, 2023 and will contact applicants who meet both our qualifications and who clearly identify with the mission of Floret.
2. Qualified applicants will be contacted via email to complete the next steps in our application process.
3. We hope to fill this position by August 14, 2023. The position will remain posted until filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.